Written on August 7th, 2009 by Oliver Kim
Enlightenment is the courage to use your own brain. Sapre Aude! Dare to Know!
Enlightenment is the courage to use your own brain. It is the courage to think on your own.
- What do you do if you want to make your lifestyle healthier? You talk to a doctor. He or she will advise you on what food to eat.
- You have a financial issue? You talk to the bank. They will advise you how to invest your money.
- Or maybe you have an emotional problem? Go to a psychologist! He/she will fix it.
- You have problems making a moral or ethical decision? You talk to a religious authority or a philosopher.
- You have problems settling a disagreement with somebody? What do you do? You talk to a lawyer, of course.
- You don’t know what to study at university? You ask your parents or your friends. They know it better.
- You don’t know the answer to question on an exam? You have look at what the person sitting next to you is writing.